Friday, January 9, 2009

On Procrastinating 10 hours before the fact...

In 10 hours, my boyfriend, his parents and a trailer will be arriving at my house. In 10 hours, I should have a clean bathroom, an organised house with boxes at the ready, space to move and an idea of what should be going and what should, for now, be staying... However. I am at my blog. Refusing to move...

Really - students do it best.
What can I pass of as productive then? I mean, aside from posting 3 blogs in one day...

Here is a poem.


Hiding in the rafters,
I hear them scurry.
I don't know why,
but I know they must need something.

Lying down beside me
I hear him breathing -
but here's me
imagining a world into his mind.

Sitting on the pavement
Feel the warmth.
Feel my skin -
For a moment I know nothing but this.
Surrender.




Oooooh. Good poem. (I feel like I'm talking to a dog). Stay poem - uh! - staaaaay. Good poem. Keep existing and making sense. I'll come back and check on you tomorrow to see if you're still a good poem, before I decide whether or not to keep you, or take you back to the pound.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment