Thursday, January 8, 2009

Going places...

Today I went places. The first place was work. The second place was shopping. Thus, I shall divide this blog into two corresponding parts... logical aren't I? ^.^

Part One - the journey to work.

This part could also be titled "The Journey to the bus stop, the journey home, the journey to the bus stop, and then to work." I guess put succinctly like that it doesn't seem that interesting ... but it sure annoyed me so I'll blog it. Plus it gives me bonus blonde points...

This morning, I drove back to my house near Adelaide from the Barossa in order to go to work in the Chocolate shop. I got ready, swapped my stuff into a better bag, and remembered my keys, my diary and all the important stuff. I even packed a water bottle! So I trundled down to the bus stop, a little early, but early is better than late. 15 minutes later, I arrived at the stop, sat down and checked my bag for my lip balm. This is when I realised that I had left my wallet at home... *sigh*.

I guess I was early... but if you know me well, you'll know I hate HATE being late. To me, not running early is running late. So this wasn't good. Nevertheless I had no choice so I walked back home, grabbed my wallet, and walked to the bus stop again. My little walk of 15 minutes turned into almost 45... which is considerable for an unfit woman unfond of the sun.

Oh well ... you'll be pleased to know that I still arrived early. :-P

Part two - the journey to the Plaza

After work today I caught a new and scary bus. Well, to be fair most Adelaide buses are scary, while most of them are certainly - definitively - NOT new... I mean I caught a bus that I am not used to catching. I caught an o-bahn, otherwise known as the "super dooper fast scary" ones that zip along tracks towards the Tea Tree Plaza area.

Once there (the trip wasn't that scary ... except I had no idea when my stop was going to come up...) I went shopping! This is very exciting for me. I don't do that very often, but my good friend Karalee, who is also a very talented photographer, asked me to help her pick out some clothes to add to her collection of "professional photograph lady" attire. It was very fun! And ... maybe I bought myself a pretty little top... to add to my "I'm a professional damnit" collection.

oh you can't really see it well here can you? my camera died and now all i have is my isight camera which isn't so good for shots of my top on account of terrible lighting limitations...
ah ... you can kind of see the detail there. Isn't it pretty? Ruffles, buttons and pattern! Just what I was looking for. ^.^

So there you have it.
My day.
In most of its gloriousness... of course there were bits in the middle where I was at work. But that just consisted of me trying to do ribboning ... and failing about 30 times before finally doing an OK job. Oh, and eating a bit of chocolate too...

Wow. What an exciting life I lead.

Perhaps I should blog less about my life, and more about topics. That would be more interesting. But less narcisistc... and we can't have that!

Or maybe we will?
We shall see...

Oh January - such realms of possibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment