Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OMG

Have you ever stumbled across something online that made you go "OMG THIS IS AMAZING!"? Well I have. Several times actually, but this time its actually in a productive vein.

I was reading Apophenia today when Danah mentioned another researcher named Bernie Hogan who will be working for ... (drum roll please) the OXFORD INTERNET INSTITUTE. OMFG. This is amazing. I literally said out loud: "Oh my god - this is amazing!" to no one in particular.

I really really want to work towards being involved somehow. But at the same time I know it will be incredibly hard work to do so. I know that all my friends and family will laugh at me and say things like "Oh your so clever you'll get in easily." But I don't think they'll realise just how difficult it will be. This isn't a normal university thing. This is Oxford. I don't even know if I could be involved before I finish a PhD. And even then I would have to have my stuff/shit incredibly together to get in. I'd have to be a walking encyclopaedia of knowledge about my area. Oh lord! But its something to aim for... Something!

Excuse me while I run up and down the hallway yelling "Eeeeeeeee!" confusing everyone.

xo

OH! P.S. My sister is still waiting for her son to arrive! He will have to be born by Thursday after noon or he will be induced so... Anytime now!

No comments:

Post a Comment